- Never sleep under the same roof with a rejected manuscript. Send it out again as fast as possible!
- A manuscript i n your file drawer is rejected. A submitted manuscript is not.
- Always have a list of places to send your manuscript. That way, if it comes back, you can send it right out again without doing more research and using that as an excuse for not resubmitting it.
- An editor rarely calls and asks to buy what you have in your file drawer. So submit that manuscript today. You can’t sell it if it’s sitting in the drawer or wasting awy on your computer.
- Enter contests. Giving yourself a deadline is a good way to make you finish that manuscript. If you lose, so what? You have a perfectly good story to submit to other publishers. Besides, you never know…you might win.
Image by Drazen Zigic on Freepik